- Particle Monitoring System Integration
- Major Global Pharmaceutical Corporation
- 3 months
- Mangan was contracted as a final attempt to integrate an automated particle monitoring system for a large pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, located in the Eastern USA
- Three principle components were to be integrated for the client , including the monitoring system’s software, a legacy Matrikon OPC Server, and a Siemens Building Automation System (BAS).
- Previous attempts for a seamless integration of the monitoring system had failed, both by the in-house engineering team, the manufacturer of the particle monitoring system, and by another contract engineering and automation firm.
- A specialized team of Mangan personnel familiarized themselves with a unique Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) communication software package employed by the client server.
- Unlike the particle system manufacturer, Mangan personnel were also well versed in the clean environment and regulations containing the system.
- Mangan personnel deconstructed the DCOM authentication process across the network and then determined the means of interfacing with the particle monitoring system and the BAS software.
- Use of a virtual machine (VMware Software) allowed Mangan personnel to test the independent components of the facility, confirming that the new design configuration would function properly and be robust.
- Mangan personnel were able to identify and then reconfigure significant software design changes to the existing monitoring system that not only allowed the system to seamlessly integrate with the client’s legacy server and BAS but also made the system less complicated to operate and even brought the total project cost down by eliminating unnecessary and redundant software components.
Check back often to discover other examples of how Mangan has provided best-in-class engineering and automation services for your industry.
(310) 835-8080 | email
(281) 484-0099 | email
(979) 265-5556 | email
(770) 569-1684 | email
(919) 827-0933 | email
(603) 601-2953 | email
(949) 293-6102 | email
Mangan Software Solutions